Friday, March 25, 2011

Grant is ONE!

Our little Grant turned one on Tuesday! I really can't believe it came so fast! I know I'm biased, but he's such a little cutie! He loves playing with Nolan and thinks his big brother is hilarious (and of course Nolan eats this up). His favorite toys are cars (he says "vroom" as he pushes them), balls, and our magnetic fridge phonics. He started roaring when he picks up Nolan's dinosaurs. Peek-a-boo never fails to get him giggling. He says "dada" and "mama" (sounds more like "nana"). He's a great eater, but if he doesn't like something he doesn't hesitate to throw it all over the floor. Since he was born a year ago, Mike and I have referred to him as our pterodactyl because of his high pitched shrieking cry...he learned early on that we can only stand so much of this before we give in to what he wants! I can't get enough of the way he still snuggles into my shoulder and will happily fall asleep on me if I let him. Nolan never did that at this age! I've started taking him to Music Class and he seems to be really into it. He's started dancing, which is really bouncing to the music. While we were at Disney World he got really good at waving (thanks to the characters in the parades), and he's also recently started clapping. Mike taught him to give high fives and he thinks it's so funny! And some really big news- just today Mike and I got him walking almost all the way across our living room! It's so exciting to see his personality come out and to watch the way he and Nolan interact. Happy First Birthday to my littlest man!!!
Here are his 12 month stats: 23 lbs. 1 oz. (50-75th %ile), 29 inches (25th %ile), and 47.5 cm head circumference (75-90th %ile).
These are some pictures from his actual birthday on Tuesday (he got his first Happy Meal!), and some from Thursday when Mike was home so we could celebrate.





No comments:

Post a Comment