Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year

It's the beginning of a new year, so I've decided to finally print up my blog thus far. Since this post will be the start of a new stage of documenting, I'm going to give a little rundown on what the boys are up to.

Nolan: Going on 32 months, this boy is quite a character. He rarely stops talking! I call him my "narrator" because he narrates our lives. He loves to sing and dance. He usually doesn't quite know the words to songs, but the tunes are always recognizable. He often sings about what we're doing to the tune of a song he likes.
His teachers at school have called him a "casanova", and almost every time we're out someone stops us to comment on his beautiful eyes! He tests his limits and our patience all the time, but makes up for it with wonderful hugs. He loves all forms of transportation and his Hot Wheels are most often his toy of choice. He's got a great imagination- I love watching him play by himself! We're working on potty training him, but he really isn't into it at all yet. He loves going to preschool and hanging out with his friends. When we go to playdates, he can tell who is there by what cars are parked outside! He is most definitely a little sponge right now and surprises us daily with what he knows. 

Grant: Our little guy is going on 10 months now. Due to the holidays, he just had his 9 month checkup this week and was 19 lbs. 7 oz. (25th %ile), 28 inches (25th-50th %ile), and his head was 46cm (50th-75th %ile). He hasn't figured out how to crawl just yet, but he wants to so bad! He's also started doing some assisted walking with push toys and he babbles ("dada") quite a bit. He takes after his brother when it comes to food, liking just about everything I put in front of him. His favorites right now are bananas and cheerios. He loves to cuddle with me, and seems like he may be more of a "mama's boy" than Nolan.  I'm happy to say he is FINALLY sleeping through the night!!! After a week of some tough love he has now gone 7 nights straight of sleeping until at least 6am! Grant is happiest when he's naked. He finds it hilarious when we "eat" his belly. He seems like he's going to be less talkative than Nolan, but he's also learning to be quite aggressive (maybe true of all second children?). He's not going to let his big brother push him around! He's such a sweet little boy!

As for Mike and myself, not much changes! I'm still loving being a stay at home mom and Mike continues to work like crazy. He likes his job, but we both hate the travelling he has to do. Luckily, since the boys don't know any different, the travelling doesn't seem to affect them much. Mike has started working out more to prepare for a Tough Mudder race in the spring, and I continue to workout 5-6 days a week because I'd go crazy if I didn't! We don't get much time alone these days, but are going to try to utilize a babysitter more this year so we can have some dates. We're looking forward to a great 2011 (we even had Hoppin John and collard greens on New Year's Day), and feel so forunate for everything we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment