Today is the 5 year anniversary of Jason's death. Mike got the boys out of the house for a couple hours yesterday so that I could have some alone time to reminisce. It was very helpful and made today easier to deal with. Rather than having my little guys see me sad and grieving today, I decided to have our first "Uncle Jason Celebration". We listened to some of his favorite music and got special cupcakes. I can't always be happy missing my brother, but after 5 years of being sad about it, I'd like to try harder to remember all of the positive memories I have of him. So here's to you Jase- we miss you terribly, but know you're here with us in another way! Oh, and a couple weeks ago while I was cleaning Nolan's room and moved his picture of Jason, he said to me, "Mommy, Uncle Jason is SO happy!" :) :) :)Monday, February 28, 2011
Uncle Jason Celebration
Today is the 5 year anniversary of Jason's death. Mike got the boys out of the house for a couple hours yesterday so that I could have some alone time to reminisce. It was very helpful and made today easier to deal with. Rather than having my little guys see me sad and grieving today, I decided to have our first "Uncle Jason Celebration". We listened to some of his favorite music and got special cupcakes. I can't always be happy missing my brother, but after 5 years of being sad about it, I'd like to try harder to remember all of the positive memories I have of him. So here's to you Jase- we miss you terribly, but know you're here with us in another way! Oh, and a couple weeks ago while I was cleaning Nolan's room and moved his picture of Jason, he said to me, "Mommy, Uncle Jason is SO happy!" :) :) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment